Keeping your AC unit clean can keep it running proficiently and help it last longer. Ideally, it is a good idea to have a professional service to look at your system from time to time; however, you can do your part in between appointments.
Some of the ways you can safely clean your air conditioner include-:
1) Unplugging the system from the power source, so there is no risk of getting electrocuted. Remove the front panel or grill and wash with a mild cleaner and warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
2) Using a wet/dry vacuum to clean the collection of dirt and dust from around the AC unit. How does the filter look ? Many times if they are not changed often, at least every couple of months, the neglect can result in the coils becoming damaged. This means you need to make sure the filter is free of debris. If it is not, depending on your air-cooling unit, it needs to be vacuumed, washed or completely replaced.
3) The condenser and evaporator coils are vulnerable to trash that can accumulate, even though filters are in place. To clean, you can use the wet/dry vacuum and then rinsed with a steady stream from a garden hose.
4) Checking the fins to see if any are bent if so, you can reshape them with a butter knife or purchase a tool at your local hardware or home improvement store. Fin coil cleaners are also available at these venues.
5) Being certain the drain channels are unclogged by extending a piece of firm wire through the passages. This action keeps the risk of high moisture in balance, which could result in damage to the walls and floors of your home.
6) After replacing the panel, you can connect to the power source. Overall, it would be a good idea to have an experienced AC contractor to perform an annual analysis of your system.
If you’re looking for air conditioning contractors in Fredericksburg then look no further, contact the experienced team at Access Heating and Air today !