After a long season of inactivity, spring has sprung and it’s time to power up your AC again! Before you start cooling down your home, it’s important to clean your air conditioning system out. You don’t want dust and other debris left over from the winter floating around your home! At Access Heating and Air, we’re passionate about making sure your AC equipment works optimally. With that being said, we’ve composed some of our top tips for cleaning your air conditioner after the winter. Read on to learn more !
1) Turn off the power. Turning off the power is a crucial step as this ensures your safety as you clean your unit.
2) Remove any excess leaves, sticks and debris from the machine. It’s nearly impossible to clean your equipment if there are interfering items in the way !
3) Remove the cover and clean the fins. The fins are capable of holding onto dirt that would otherwise end up in your home. By giving them a gentle clean and removing buildup, you’re contributing to clean airflow! If any of them are bent, use a butter knife or a similar tool to push them back to their normal shape.
4) Clean around the air conditioner. Ensuring that the area around your AC system is clean means that dirt outside of your unit won’t end up inside of it.
5) Clean the system’s evaporator coil. With regular use, this coil collects dust and other buildup. Carefully wiping it down is key to longevity in your air conditioner !
6) Change the filter. Simply purchase a new filter and swap it out to ensure that your home is receiving the cleanest air possible !
7) Turn the machine back on and enjoy your AC !
For more information about cleaning your air conditioner, contact the professionals at Access Heating and Air today !